Monday, June 20, 2011

Our new perspective...

We are... hmmm... I think the look on Ian's face describes it best...


We are slowly learning our new roles as parents and doing our very best :) Ian is thriving and he is growing and he is adorable! We LOVE having him home and I LOVE being able to kiss on him whenever I want - although I try not to do it so much while he's sound asleep (it's just so hard to restrain myself sometimes!!!).

We are all sorts of blurry :) It's been a wild ride trying to figure out sleep, eating, more sleeping, etc. Both for Ian and for me and Doug! Ian was pretty regimented on the schedule set by NICU, however, this is not necessarily the best schedule for him. We are thankfully able to adapt this a little and the little adaptations we've made seem to be working. His last doctors appointment showed that he grew almost a whole inch and he gained 10 ounces (they were hoping for 7 at best) so these are all very good signs. Whatever we're doing must be working :)


We are also enjoying more of his awake time as this is becoming more frequent throughout the day now... So much fun to interact with our little guy! We have been doing a few sessions of tummy-time every day to get him used to using his neck muscles and build up his strength. It's working! Our little bug rolled over for the first time already! How cool is that??? I'm not sure exactly, but that seems really early to me. I have to go get that book "What to Expect the First Year" so I know what to...expect LOL!!! I know that these types of resources are going to show average ages and that there may be differences in his stages due to his Downs, but it may help me to understand an average age, etc.


All in all, we are doing well and we are really enjoying all this time we get to spend together as a family! I am so thankful that Doug has the summer off and that he will be able to spend this time with Ian and I (although I'll be heading back to work in just a few short weeks!). What precious bonding time we will have together before our work lives start up again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment