Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A letter to Ian...

My little Bug,
Everytime I see your picture on my phone I always say this lovingly out loud: "My little Bug". I miss you horribly and wish you were here with us at home already. I know we both need this time to recover though... You need this time to get well enough to come home, and I need to take this opportunity to recover from the surgery that brought you into this world. I also have to keep reminding myself that you won't remember this separation we had to go through during these first few weeks of your life. It's just me and your Daddy that have to suffer through your absense...

I keep daydreaming about what life will be like when you do come home with us... It's probably more idealic than reality, but I hope it's at least a good balance of both. I imagine that you will thrive with us and that we will do the very best job we can as parents to make sure that your future is as bright as possible. We've already began researching different resources that will help us ensure that you have as many opportunities as possible. We will certianly make sure that you can always do whatever it is you want to do... I don't want you to ever feel that you are limited in your dreams. No matter if someone has a disability or not, everything you gain in life takes hard work. It will take hard work on all of our parts to create your positive future and I promise you that your Daddy and I are up for the challenge. We wanted you and we worked hard for you to be here. We're not stopping now!!! You mean so much to us and we cannot wait to have you home so we can start living our lives together. We will try and teach you as much as we can and I'm sure you will teach us a thing or two too! Even when we picked your name, we knew you were going to be special and you've already lived up to that expectation! Your name is the Scottish version of "John" which means "gift from God". You are truly our gift :) We treasure you and adore you. I hope you can stand being loved so much by so many!!!

We both love you so much!!!
Our little Ian... My little Bug :)

3 comments:

  1. Cannot wait to meet the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet Tara!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara,
    You and Doug now know the true meaning of "unconditional love". That is what you all have. Unbelievable feeling isn't it?
    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete